Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My maiden blogging experience. Technology truly expands our vocabulary. I would suggest that we create some form of a glossary to help those of us born before the computer age.

I had many thoughts running through my mind Sunday after service and continuing through out the day and on into Monday.
I believe God has placed a burden on my heart to encourage, push or pull on the hearts of the faithful. I believe too many times the phrase of choice is "I'm not qualified" or "someone else is much better at this" or something along these lines. Jesus was a teacher to many, they represented a cross section of culture, belief sytems, economics and varying levels of education. But if we take the time to notice he took the time to teach them all using what ever methods necessary. I believe through his example, none of us came claim that we lack the qualifications to do God's bidding.

I am currently reading Traveling Light by Max Lucado. He breaks down the 23rd Psalm into small sentences or even word combinations. The underlying theme is simple. We carry too much baggage and most of this baggage is coupled with fear of failure. My friends we have nothing to fear when living a life for Christ. Max Lucado is an amazing writer who has reached out to 10's of thousands through this gift. My question for myself is "can I share what I've read with someone else?" The answer is yes and quite easily at that. God calls people to serve in the jungle, God calls people to preach from the pulpits. God call us all to share what we've learned and what these lessons have done for us in our daily lives. I have a strong fear of failure, it runs deep iside of me, but in truth if I do nothing or find someone who is more qualified, I have already failed.

"God lead me today, show me a way that I can serve. You have filled my cup to overflowing. Give me the strength to do what you would have me do with out fear. Amen."
Matt

3 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of what I heard Nicky Gumbel once say. He said " Remember, Moses didn't part the Red Sea, God parted the Red Sea. All Moses did was stretch out his hand. I've got to reminded myself daily that it's not what I'm doing but, what God does through me when I give Him control. I've done things in minstry in the last several years that I never thought I was capable of. On my own I'm still not capable but, with God's help, All things are possible. Thanks for the reminder Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the creation of this blogspot. I grew up at Gering Zion and my most treasured memories stem from those times.
    Danielle Schwartzkopf-Wondercheck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello there Danielle, glad to see you here on our blog( I have no idea what blog means-I was just hoping it would make me sound young and cool) When I think back of the time when you were here at Gering Zion-I think of the young adult group(which none of us are any longer young. But I remember when alot of the children were 5 yrs and younger-you, Kristie Carpenter, and Robin Funk were always hanging together and were alittle older than the other kids. By the way, did you hear that we are starting a daycare here at GZ? And did you know that Kristie Hohnstein(Carpenter) is going to be the director? Tim and I know that the Lord has sent her back here for this ministy. We are so very excited for fall and the opening of 'Joyful Noise' daycare. Anyway we are so glad that you are staying in contact with your GZ family. I also wanted to comment about last Sunday's service. I sure did feel the Holy Spirit move. We are so blessed to have a praise team that helps prepare hearts for the moving of the Spirit. Even though I love summer-I do get alittle dis apointed when Awana and adult S.S. is on break. My adult class especially gives me such a spiritual boast each week. It is such a neet group of brother and sisters. We range from mid twenties to many over sixty on many in between. I am still in awe of our wonderful God and His Son for the blessings I receive continually. And aspecially for such a loving and supportive church family. I feel like the apostle Paul when he wrote' I thank God for every remembrance of you' God bless-Vern

    ReplyDelete