Thursday, October 8, 2009

A FRESH WIND!

Greetings brothers and sisters of Gering Zion Church! First let me start with an apology. The blog got off to a great start last April and I’m afraid I let life get in the way of keeping it going. I’ll do my best to not let that happen again.

What a busy, busy summer it was! Alesa and Caleb both decided to get married the same summer. The Hebbert Family is very blessed to welcome Geoff and Emily into the family. God’s blessings are endless.

Also, what an awesome time to be part of the Gering Zion family! God is truly blessing us at GZ.

After a two year journey, Krystie Hohnstein and her staff opened Joyful Noise Daycare on August 31st. I’ve been volunteering some time everyday to come and cook lunch for the kids. What a blast! It’s exciting to see the number of children attending JN grow every week. It’s equally exciting to know that they’re being loved and cared for by an incredible staff but also are learning the lessons of Jesus love for them at such an early age. If you have the time and would like to be involved in this new ministry, I’d encourage you to visit with Krystie about spending a little time loving on these beautiful children. I promise you the rewards will great!

Last month we kicked off GZ Family Night on Wednesdays. I sat last night and just soaked in the events. I couldn’t help but think that this is what God created the church to be. A group of people both children and adults, coming to together, breaking bread, worshipping, studying, praying for one another and playing together! If you’ve not had the chance to attend a Wednesday night, I can’t begin to tell you what you’re missing. We kick the evening off with a $2 meal followed by an evening full of events. Kitchen opens at 6:30. Set just one Wednesday aside this month to come to the family night. I promise you it won’t be your last.

I’ve spent several weeks reflecting on my 30 plus years at Gering Zion. Not a time goes by when I don’t bow my head and give thanks to God for my church family. I’m thankful for those men and women who so many years ago answered God’s call and founded our church. I am humbled by their sacrifices and challenged by their vision. I think often about the leadership of the church when my Dad became pastor 32 years ago. Godly men and women continuing God’s vision of love for our church family. I think of my dad and his love for this church and what it stands for in our community. I think of my mom and the many saints of our church who have taken their seats in the heavenly realm.

So much history, so much to be on our knees thanking God for.

I am driven to see the vision of Gering Zion church continue. A community of believers bound together by a love for the Savior and a love for one another.

As we press forward together and continue to give our best to the Lord, let us never forget those who came before us and did the work. Let us honor their work by making a difference in each others lives and in the lives of the lost in our community.

We are Gering Zion Church, a community fellowship of believers. Celebrating our heritage by building God’s kingdom!

Because of Jesus,
Pastor Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment